Don't wonder what's in your water - your local Culligan Water expert can tell you! Claim your free water test
Effective Date: 1/1/2020.
Your Choices and Your CA and NV Privacy Rights
You have certain choices regarding information collection and communications options explained here, including:
- California residents have certain privacy rights detailed here
- Nevada residents have certain privacy rights detailed here
- Although Culligan does not look for or respond to “do not track” signals, you can find information on tracking technologies here
- About Ads and Tracking: Learn about certain choice options regarding Tracking Technologies, including certain sharing of activities, location and/or cross-device usage for interest-based advertising here
- Your options regarding accessing and changing certain of your Personal Information are available here
- Your options regarding promotional communications are explained here and
- Children’s and minors’ privacy rights, and notice to parents of these rights, are explained here.
Collection of Information
- Culligan may ask you to provide Personal Information (e.g., name, address, e-mail, phone number, etc.), as well as other information (e.g., gender, interests, etc.), which may be required to access certain content, features, and functionality. More
- Culligan and third parties may collect information from you automatically as you access the Service (e.g., information about the devices you use to access the Service and your usage activities). More
- The information Culligan receives via the Service may be combined with information Culligan receives from third parties and sources outside of the Service. More
- Culligan’s policies and practices regarding Personal Information collected from children are explained here.
Use of Information
Sharing of Information
- to deliver and improve Culligan’s services
- for Culligan Related Parties’ (defined below) marketing and other purposes
- in connection with corporate transactions (e.g., merger or sale)
- to display your posts or send your messages (More)
- in connection with your use of third-party services (More) and
- in connection with sweepstakes, contests and promotions (More).
- Culligan obtains your consent (e.g., opt-in, opt-out), however, before knowingly sharing Personal Information with third parties (other than Culligan Related Parties) for their own direct marketing purposes.
- Culligan may share your non-Personal Information, aggregate and/or de-identified information about you except as prohibited by applicable law.
Questions and How to Contact Culligan
Table of Contents
- Information We Collect
- How We Use The Information We Obtain
- Information We Share With Third Parties
- Sweepstakes, Contests, and Promotions
- Information You Disclose Publicly or to Others
- Third-Party Content, Third-Party Services, Social Features, Advertising and Analytics
- Data Security and Monitoring
- International Transfer
- Children’s Privacy
- Accessing and Changing Information
- Choices: Tracking and Communications Options
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Contact Culligan
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Information Collected Automatically. Culligan, its Service Providers, and/or Third-Party Services may also automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use the Service (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include IP address, device identifier, browser type, operating system, information about your use of the Service, and data regarding network connected hardware (e.g., computer or mobile device). Except to the extent required by applicable law, or to the extent Usage Information is combined by or on behalf of Culligan with Culligan-Collected PI, Culligan does not consider Usage Information (including, without limitation, unique device identifiers) to be Personal Information or Culligan-Collected PI. For more information on Third-Party Services’ data collection and practices click here. For more information on Service Provider data collection and practices click here. For information on choices some of these third parties may offer you regarding automated data collection click here.The methods that may be used on the Service to collect Usage Information include:
- Log Information: Log information is data about your use of the Service, such as IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data, and may be stored in log files.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: Cookies, web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”), embedded scripts, location–identifying technologies, device recognition technologies, in–app tracking methods and other tracking technologies now and hereafter developed (“Tracking Technologies”) may be used to collect information about interactions with the Service or e-mails, including information about your browsing and purchasing behavior.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s device, which may be session ID cookies or tracking cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate the Service and expire when you close your browser. Tracking cookies remain longer and help in understanding how you use A Flash cookie (or locally shared object) is a data file which may be placed on a device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your device. HTML5 cookies can be programmed through HTML5 local storage. Flash cookies and HTML5 cookies are locally stored on your device other than in the browser and browser settings won’t control them. To identify certain types of local shared objects on your device and adjust your settings, please visit: www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html. The Service may associate some or all of these types of cookies with your devices.
- Web Beacons (“Tracking Pixels”)
Web beacons are small graphic images, also known as “Internet tags” or “clear gifs,” embedded in web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be used, without limitation, to count the number of visitors to the Service, to monitor how users navigate the Service, and to count content views.
- Embedded Scripts
An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service. It is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from Culligan’s web server, or from a third party with which Culligan works and is active only while you are connected to the Service and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- Location-identifying Technologies
GPS (global positioning systems) software, geo-filtering and other location-aware technologies locate you (sometimes precisely), or make assumptions about your location, for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting content, including ads, based on your location.If you have enabled GPS or use other location-based features on the Service, your device location may be tracked by us and third parties. Our dealer locator feature may access and use information about your device location (such as based on IP address or GPS, as applicable), or your account information, to suggest appropriate store locations. Our Service content may be personalized based on various information we may have about you to try to provide you with more location-relevant content.
- Device Recognition Technologies.
Technologies, including application of statistical probability to data sets, as well as linking a common unique identifier to different device use (e.g., Facebook ID), which attempt to recognize or make assumptions about users and devices (e.g., that a user of multiple devices is the same user or household) (“Cross-device Data”).
- In-App Tracking Methods
There are a variety of Tracking Technologies that may be included in mobile applications, and these are not browser-based like cookies and cannot be controlled by browser settings. Some use device identifier, or other identifiers such as “Ad IDs” to associate app user activity to a particular app and to track user activity across apps and/or devices.
- Some information about your use of the Service and certain third-party services may be collected using Tracking Technologies across time and services and used by Culligan and third parties for purposes such as to associate different devices you use and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Service and certain third–party services. See Section 11 regarding certain choices regarding these activities.Culligan is giving you notice of the Tracking Technologies and your choices regarding them explained in Section 11 so that your consent to encountering them is meaningfully informed.
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN.
- Allow you to participate in the features we offer on the Service;
- Facilitate, manage, personalize, and improve your online experience;
- Transact with you, provide services or information you request, respond to your comments, questions and requests, serve you content and/or advertising, and send you notices;
- Culligan Related Parties’ marketing and other purposes;
- Improve the Service and for any other internal business purposes;
- Tailor our content, advertisements, and offers;
- Fulfill other purposes disclosed at the time you provide Personal Information or otherwise where we are legally permitted or are required to do so;
- Determine your location and manage digital content rights (e.g., territory restrictions); and
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm. Return to navigation
- INFORMATION WE SHARE WITH THIRD PARTIES.
Culligan may share non-Personal Information, and Personal Information that is not deemed Culligan-Collected PI hereunder (provided that Culligan is aware of no restrictions of Culligan’s use, if any), with third parties, including without limitation, any Culligan dealers that are authorized by Culligan to sell Culligan services or products (“Culligan Related Parties”) for any purpose. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we and third parties may convert your Personal Information, including Culligan-Collected PI, to non-Personal Information, including without limitation through hashing it or substituting a unique identifier for the Personal Information and we and third parties may use and share that data as permitted by applicable law, including to match data attributes to and from other sources. Any such third-party activities are subject to their privacy policies and practices. Culligan’s sharing of Culligan-Collected PI is, however, subject to the following:
- Marketing: Subject to your communications choices explained in Section 11.D, and the rights of California residents explained here, we may use your Personal Information to send you marketing communications. Absent your consent (which may be by means of opt-in, your election not to opt-out, or a third party interaction described in the next bullet point), however, Culligan will not share your Culligan-Collected PI with third parties, other than Culligan Related Parties, for their own direct marketing purposes, except in connection with Corporate Transactions (defined below).
- Your Disclosure or Consent: As more fully described in Section 5 (Information You Disclose Publicly or to Others) and Section 6 (Third-Party Content, Third-Party Services, Social Features, Advertising and Analytics), your activities on the Service may, by their nature, result in the sharing of your Culligan-collected Personal Information (as well as your other Personal Information and your non-Personal Information) with third parties and by engaging in these activities you consent to that and further sharing and disclosure to third parties. For instance, when you request additional information about our products and services via our Service, you are directing us to pass your Personal Information along to authorized Culligan dealers to respond to your inquiry. Such third-party data receipt and collection is subject to the privacy and business practices of that third party, not Culligan.
In addition, Culligan may share your Culligan-Collected Personal Information (as well as your other Personal Information and your non-Personal Information), in connection with or during negotiations of any proposed or actual financing of our business, or merger, purchase, sale, joint venture, or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of Culligan assets, or transfer of all or a portion of Culligan’s business to another company, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding (“Corporate Transactions”).EEOC / Affirmative Action Reporting. In conjunction with laws and regulations enforced by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”), the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (“OFCCP”) and similar state and local regulatory agencies, we may ask you to provide us with self-identifying information (such as veteran status, gender and ethnicity). Providing such self-identifying information is voluntary, but if you do provide us with such information, we may submit that information, to the EEOC, the OFCCP and similar state and local regulatory agencies or otherwise use or disclose it for business-related purposes, including, without limitation, responding to information requests, fulfilling regulatory reporting requirements and defending against employment related complaints.
- Culligan’s agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers (collectively “Service Providers”) may receive, or be given access to, your information, including, without limitation, Personal Information, Demographic Information, and Usage Information, in connection with their work on Culligan’s behalf, provided however, Culligan does not authorize its Service Providers to use Culligan-Collected PI provided by Culligan to the Service Providers to send you direct marketing messages other than related to Culligan and Culligan Related Parties absent your consent. For more information on choices Service Providers may offer you click here.
- To comply with the law, law enforcement or other legal process, and, where permitted, in response to a government request; and
- SWEEPSTAKES, CONTESTS, AND PROMOTIONS.
- INFORMATION YOU DISCLOSE PUBLICLY OR TO OTHERS.
- THIRD-PARTY CONTENT, THIRD-PARTY SERVICES, SOCIAL FEATURES, ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS.
- DATA SECURITY AND MONITORING.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY.
The Service is intended for a general audience and not directed to children less than 13 years of age.Culligan does not intend to collect personal information as defined by the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) (“Children’s Personal Information”) in a manner that is not permitted by COPPA. If we obtain knowledge that we have collected Children’s Personal Information in a manner not permitted by COPPA, we will remove such data to the extent required by COPPA. Any California residents under the age of eighteen (18) who have registered to use the Service, and who posted content or information on the Service, can request removal by contacting Culligan here , detailing where the content or information is posted and attesting that you posted it. Culligan will then make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view or anonymize it so the minor cannot be individually identified to the extent required by applicable law. This removal process cannot ensure complete or comprehensive removal. For instance, third-parties may have republished or archived content by search engines and others that Culligan does not control. Return to navigation
- ACCESSING AND CHANGING INFORMATION.
Culligan may provide web pages or other mechanisms allowing you to delete, correct, or update some of the Culligan-Collected PI, and potentially certain other information about you (e.g., profile and account information). Culligan will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in Culligan’s then-active databases as soon as practicable, but it is not always possible to completely change, remove or delete all of your information or public postings from Culligan’s databases (California minors see Section 9) and residual and/or cached data may remain archived thereafter. Further, we reserve the right to retain data (a) as required by applicable law; and (b) for so long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data is retained except to the extent prohibited by applicable law. Return to navigation
- CHOICES: TRACKING AND COMMUNICATIONS OPTIONS.
- Tracking Technologies Generally. Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Browsers offer different functionalities and options, so you may need to set them separately. Also, tools from commercial browsers may not be effective with regard to Flash cookies (also known as locally shared objects), HTML5 cookies, or other Tracking Technologies. For information on disabling Flash cookies, go to Adobe’s website https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-third-party-local-shared.html. Please be aware that if you disable or remove these technologies, some parts of the Service may not work and that when you revisit the Service your ability to limit browser-based Tracking Technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.Some App-related Tracking Technologies in connection with non-browser usage (e.g., most functionality of a mobile app) can only be disabled by uninstalling the app. To uninstall an app, follow the instructions from your operating system or handset manufacturer. Apple and Google mobile device settings have settings to limit ad tracking, and other tracking, but these may not be completely effective.Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many online services, Culligan currently does not alter Culligan’s practices when Culligan receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you can visit https://www.allaboutdnt.com, but Culligan is not responsible for the completeness or accuracy of this third party information. Some third parties, however, may offer you choices regarding their Tracking Technologies. One way to potentially identify cookies on our web site is to add the free Ghostery plug-in to your browser (www.ghostery.com), which according to Ghostery will display for you traditional, browser-based cookies associated with the web sites (but not mobile apps) you visit and privacy and opt-out policies and options of the parties operating those cookies. Culligan is not responsible for the completeness or accuracy of this tool or third-party choice notices or mechanisms. For specific information on some of the choice options offered by third party analytics and advertising providers, see the next section.
- Mobile Apps. With respect to Culligan’s mobile apps (“apps”), you can stop all collection of data generated by use of the app by uninstalling the app. Also, you may be able to exercise specific privacy choices, such as enabling or disabling certain features (e.g., location-based services, push notifications, accessing calendar/contacts/photos, etc.), by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device and/or the app’s settings. Beware that if GPS precise location services are disabled, other means of establishing or estimating location (e.g., connecting to or proximity to wi-fi, Bluetooth, beacons, or our networks) may persist. To learn more about how you can control location permissions using your mobile device’s operating system settings, please visit the following links depending on which device you use:Android:
For Android 6.0 and above:
For earlier versions of Android:
- Communications. You can opt out of receiving certain promotional communications (emails or text messaging) from Culligan at any time by (i) for promotional e-mails, following the instructions provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link, or if available by changing your communication preferences by logging onto your account; (ii) for text messages, following the instructions provided in text messages from Culligan to text the word, “STOP”; and (iii) for app push notifications turn off push notifications on the settings of your device and/or the app, as applicable. Please note that your opt-out is limited to the e-mail address or phone number used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions. If you opt-out of only certain communications, other subscription communications may continue. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, Culligan may, subject to applicable law, continue to send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or Culligan’s ongoing business relations. Except in connection with Corporate Transactions, to prospectively opt-out of our sharing of your Company-Collected PI, other than with Culligan Related Parties, for their own direct marketing purposes, contact us here.
- Cross-Device Data. To learn more about how you can exercise choices regarding certain choices regarding Cross-device data for Interest-based Advertising, see the prior section regarding the DAA’s Interest-based Advertising choices.
- Nevada Residents. Nevada “consumers” have the right to instruct us not to “sell” “covered information” as those terms are defined by Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes. Although we do not currently “sell” “covered information” of Nevada “consumers” as those terms are defined under that law, you may contact us here and provide your name, Nevada resident address, and email address to be verified and exercise your opt-out rights in the event we do sell covered information under that law in the future. If you change your email address or other contact information, contact us in the same manner to update your contact information to help facilitate your opt-out. Changing your contact information elsewhere (e.g., informational requests, account information, etc.) will not update your Nevada opt-out information and we will only use the information provided to our opt-out program for managing opt-outs. It is your responsibility to keep your opt-out information current. If after opting-out you direct us to share you covered information with others, we will do so regarding of your prior opt-out. Return to navigation
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS.
California residents have certain additional rights as more fully detailed in our California Privacy Notice. In the event of a conflict between that notice and this policy, that notice will govern California resident’s privacy rights. Return to navigation
- CONTACT CULLIGAN.
What Clients Say
I had a great experience dealing with Joe from the Saint John Culligan office. He explained everything about the hardness of our water and the difference that a softener would make and what we would expect in our own home. We also purchased the reverse osmosis system with push button technology. The installation went smoothly. I am very happy with the products purchased and the service we received from Joe . Thank you
- Culligan Customer